another great way to waste some time.... I bought a Wii today. This was something I have been thinking about doing since the wii first appeared on the scene in 2006, and something I have been really seriously considering since I came to Japan this year, and something I really decided I needed to do when Amy and I stayed with that sweet family at the end of our Kagoshima trip and I saw how much fun the 10 year old son had with his wii (and, really, how much fun I had playing wii with him).
But its serving another, very practical purpose. I bought the wii knowing full well that wiis, unlike Nintendo DS, Xbox, or playstation, are region specific, and thus it will never be able to play English games. So it is really also a dedication to continual Japanese study. Already playing Super Mario Galaxy for an hour I have learned the words for discover, observatory, eternal love, concentrate, salvation, distance, transform oneself, fulfill, chase/pursue....... thanks also for the very convenient dictionary in my phone. Even if and when I leave Japan, be it this August, next August, or some future August to be determined, Japanese language study will be ongoing (and fun!!!)
I also forgot to ask; will you be purchasing and playing okami while in Ojia?
ReplyDelete