My friend Chuckie somehow was finally able to post on his facebook page. Never in my life have I been as ecstatic to see what is normally a trivial aspect of mindless internet surfing.... the full text of it said "im ok, no power water cell phone cant respond" which basically confirmed something I have hoped for since Friday and sort of accepted as true since Monday, that he is probably in an earthquake shelter somewhere in Miyagi.....
Meanwhile in Fukushima, there are more accidental explosions, the developments as they are rolling out are too stressful for me to really want to stay on top of.... in any case, I have been in contact with my friend who works at the prefectural office in Niigata City and the prefecture is very closely monitoring radiation levels in case of an emergency. In any case, the real heroes of the week are the workers at the Fukushima plant. I am glad to finally see the press give them their due, as there is NOTHING about them in Japanese.... this screwy language takes the agency out of the sentences. "The sea water is being pumped into the reactors" instead of, you know, "Workers pump sea water into the reactors."
Also, the blackout was canceled for today (Wednesday), I hear it *may* be canceled for Thursday as well.
No comments:
Post a Comment